Chard isn't used enough in our books! We like it best charred in a sizzling hot pan, with some lemon juice and crunch to drive it home.
1 head rainbow chard
30 g walnuts
1 tbsp olive oil
small bunch of wild garlic, finely chopped
salt & pepper to taste
small bunch of dill, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/ 150°C fan/ gas mark 3. Wash and clean the swiss chard, chop into 2 cm wide pieces.
2. Spread the walnuts in even layer on a baking tray and roast on the middle rack of the oven for around 3-4 minutes or until just starting to brown.
3. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large non-stick frying pan, add the chard and fry until slightly charred and soft, but it still has some bite (do this in batches if necessary). Add the wild garlic and allow to wilt briefly.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Arrange on serving plates, scatter with fresh dill and walnuts.