This is the perfect summer dessert. Light, fresh and, most importantly super easy and quick to make. The combination of red basil with the cardamon, pistachio and coconut is rich without being overwhelming. Add a spritz of lemon if you can't get raspberries - a bit of acidity and tang goes a long way here.
50 g shellet pistachios
100g coconut cream
1 ripe avocado
1 vanilla pod, scraped
100 g coconut yoghurt
3 tbsp of almond butter
1 tbsp honey, plus a drizzle to serve
1 tsp cardamom powder
For the cardamom candied red basil
100 g caster sugar
2 cardamom pods, crushed with the back of a knife
8 leaves red basil
some fresh raspberries (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, roast the pistachios until nice and crunchy then leave to cool before roughly chopping. Set aside.
2. Chop the block of coconut cream into quarters. Scoop the avocado flesh out of the skin and discard the stone. Scrape the vanilla seeds out of the pod.
3. Place all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until a smooth, rich mousse forms. Pass through a fine mesh sieve.
4. Spoon it into 6 glasses and place in the fridge for 1 hour to set before serving.
5. Combine the sugar with 100 ml water add the cardamom pods, and reduce to a simple syrup. Dip the basil leaves into syrup briefly then allow to set on a piece of baking paper.
6. When ready to serve, place the basil leaves onto the mousse, scatter with pistachio and raspberries (if using).