Taste explosion. Salty, sweet, spicy and utterly satisfying. Get these in the oven and on the table in less than thirty minutes!
125 g unsalted butter, softened
100 g caster sugar
70 g dark muscovado sugar
1 medium egg
250 g plain flour, sifted
40 g white chocolate chopped into medium sized pieces
40 g dark chocolate chopped into medium sized pieces
2 tsp chili powder or cayenne pepper
3 tsp ground cardamon
1 pinch of salt
½ tsp baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Using an electric mixer cream together the butter and sugars until light, fluffy and creamy.
Whisk the egg separately and then slowly add to the mixture slowly making sure it is completely incorporated.
3. Add the spices, the sifted flour, salt and baking powder and mix until well combined. Fold in chocolate until evenly mixed.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spoon tablespoon sized balls of the mixture onto the baking sheet leaving some space between them so the cookies don’t join.
5. Place in the oven and cook for 10 - 15 minutes, they may seem quite soft when they first come out but this is fine, as they will harden as they cool down.
6. The cookies will keep for a couple of days. Make sure they are completely cool before transferring to an air tight container.